Adult Instruction Class
Meeting Day(s): Sundays or Thursdays
Meeting Time: 9:15-10:15 am or 7-8:15 pm
Next Session Begins February 14th, 2019!
Adult Instruction Class Winter-Spring 2019 Schedule
Greetings in the name of Christ!
Three times a year, our congregation offers an “Adult Instruction Class” for members of St. John’s and also for those interested in learning more about Scripture’s teachings and the confession of the Lutheran Church.
The class hopes to answer some of life’s big questions: “What am I doing here? Where am I going? What about the Bible and my life today and eternal life? Do all religions lead to the same place? What about worship? Can God forgive me for ___________? Is it true—all the church cares about is money?” And many others…
What you need to know:
- Classes will be held on Thursdays, from 7:00-8:15 pm (Beginning February 14th).
- Classes are held in the Bible study room upstairs.
- All materials will be provided—Class packet, Bible, pens, etc. You may bring your own Bible if you like.
- Casual dress expected; bring a water bottle or soda if you like.
- Committing to this class does not mean you have to become a member or St. John’s. The goal of the class is to learn more about Scripture’s teachings, trusting in God’s promise that “My Word does not return to me empty”. We trust that time spent in God’s Word will be help strengthen our faith and prepare us to give the reason for the hope that we have.
- Childcare is provided upon request. Please let one of the pastors know.
We also recognize that the timeframe might not work for everyone. We’ll make every effort to accommodate your schedule, help you make up classes, etc.
Reserve your spot in the class by emailing us or giving us a call. We’re looking forward to it!
For it is by his grace that we have been saved through faith, and this faith was not from you, but it is the gift of God. ~ Ephesians 2:8