Adult Instruction Class
Meeting Day(s): Sundays or Tuesdays
Meeting Time: 9:15-10:15 am or 7-8:15 pm
Next Session Begins September 27th, 2018!
Adult Instruction Class Fall 2018 Schedule
Greetings in the name of Christ!
Three times a year, our congregation offers an “Adult Instruction Class” for members of St. John’s and also for those interested in learning more about Scripture’s teachings and the confession of the Lutheran Church.
The class hopes to answer some of life’s big questions: “What am I doing here? Where am I going? What about the Bible and my life today and eternal life? Do all religions lead to the same place? What about worship? Can God forgive me for ___________? Is it true—all the church cares about is money?” And many others…
What you need to know:
- Classes will be held on Thursdays, from 6:30-7:50 pm (Beginning Sept. 27th). (The class schedule is on the back of this letter.)
- Classes are held in the Bible study room upstairs.
- All materials will be provided—Class packet, Bible, pens, etc. You may bring your own Bible if you like.
- Casual dress expected; bring a water bottle or soda if you like.
- Committing to this class does not mean you have to become a member or St. John’s. The goal of the class is to learn more about Scripture’s teachings, trusting in God’s promise that “My Word does not return to me empty”. We trust that time spent in God’s Word will be help strengthen our faith and prepare us to give the reason for the hope that we have.
- Childcare is provided upon request. Please let one of the pastors know.
We also recognize that the timeframe might not work for everyone. We’ll make every effort to accommodate your schedule, help you make up classes, etc.
Reserve your spot in the class by emailing us or giving us a call. We hope to have a nice sized group this fall. We’re looking forward to it!
September 27 Lesson 1 “Resurrection, Life, Light”
October 4 Lesson 2 “God’s Word, Law and Gospel”
October 11 Lesson 3 “God’s Law”
October 18 Lesson 4 “Worship—Why We Do; What We Do”
October 25 NO CLASS--FALL BREAK
November 1 Lesson 5 “Creation—God the Father”
November 8 Lesson 6 “I Believe in Jesus Christ”
November 15 Lesson 7 “The Work of the Holy Spirit”
November 22 NO CLASS—THANKSGIVING
November 29 Lesson 8 “Holy Baptism”
December 6 Lesson 9 “Holy Communion”
December 13 Lesson 10 “The Church, Ministry, and Confession”
For it is by his grace that we have been saved through faith, and this faith was not from you, but it is the gift of God. ~ Ephesians 2:8